I am lucky enough to still have my great grandma with me.
Three years ago, my Great grandpa went home to heaven.
We all knew Grandma would go soon after.
But we were wrong :0)
She’s a fighter and her relationship/ love with God is unlike anything i have seen in very many people.
My whole life my great grandparents where avid church goers, They both saw the good in EVERYONE; no matter who you were or where you came from, you were considered their baby. In addition, they would shower you with their love.
My Great Grandmother is an amazing tailor, she has provided my dolls with an amazing wardrobe :0) and an abundance of pillows and blankies for them. When my mom and her cousins where growing up she made them dresses, and much more I am sure.
... My Great Grandma is slowly going home. She says she is ready :0) although I am not sure most of us are ready to let her go, i have a calmness in my heart. When she goes home she will be reunited with the love of her life and she will be with God in the best place possible, where there is no pain.
I am happy for her.
... I visited her yesterday; she hummed Gospel songs and spoke in a soft voice. When it was time to go i told her i was leaving, and she said, "Promise you will come back to see me, but ill still love you even if you don't".... I love her greatly, and i will see her again.


Just a friend of Lorie and Davi's here...I wanted to say that your grandma sounds like an amazing woman. This was such a sweet post. It made me think of my own grandmas who are both rejoicing in heaven. It's SOOO hard to let them go, but there is such a peace when they leave the pain of this world behind to eternally rest in His arms. I'll pray that her time left here is peaceful, as well as her passing.
ReplyDelete