Thursday, July 1, 2010

Today...

... Is going to be a different kind of post. Most of my thoughts are about Reid, and as most blogging moms know this is the easiest way to keep up on a baby book. But today i want to put down some thoughts. We have been home for almost three weeks and i am so happy.
My last three weeks have looked like this:
Work
Online classes
cleaning
Reid
Reid's potty training
and one date night dinner with Branden = Amazing, Needthesesomuch.

Wyoming helped my spirit. I have never been so in love with my home, my job, my Bakersfield. People have nicked named Bakersfield the armpit of California :0)I would like to tell "these" people to live in Pinedale Wyoming, then let me know your thoughts.

Im pretty sure potty training is going to force me to pull every strand of hair i have in my head out. My life is full of pee and poop and its only day 3. Reid wont use the potty or potty chair (yes i broke down and started using a potty chair) im convinced he thinks being a "big boy" isnt worth it.
Reids new word is "disgusting". Which is mind blowing to me because just 6 months ago he couldnt say a single work perfectly clear.
Yesterday Reid pooped his pants, i found him in the corner playing with his cars, i knew he had went potty. I also knew he would say no. When i asked him "bubba, did you go potty?!" he said, "yeah mom, and its disgusting!"... I laughed, Yes it is.

From poop to decorating...

Im a home body, Im proud. I enjoy decorating and fixing up my house. Branden does not get this, but thats ok with me. I always tell him im making our house a home, Which im sure isnt that big of a deal to him. Branden is the kind of guy that would be happy with the bare minimum. somewhere to sleep,sit,and a place for his tv. One blanket one pillow, no fuss. Me, i want variety. i want choices. Nothing in my house matches, and most of my furniture is old and about to fall apart. I love it! its perfect.
Our currant bed room looks like this



I Oh so wish it looked something like this



A new bed would make my heart jump with joy, i dislike our bed now, its big and black. I want an upholstered headboard and foot board. Im having trouble finding one in a king. I want our room to be airy and welcoming.

Reids room has to be my most favorite place in our house. My mom use to tell me that about my room. I now understand how she felt. I love being surrounded by his stuff. His room is more me then him. I like the mixmatchyness of it. If this was our own home i would most definitely have new carpet and some fresh paint on the walls. But until that day i can dream.

Reids Room



This is on the wall above his bed, Reids artwork is all over our home.



....

Next weekend is Reids Party. Almost a whole month after he turned 3... im extremely excited.
Branden leaves for Wyoming on Tuesday. he will be gone 2 weeks at the most.

....

Some things i have been praying for,
Reid to be potty trained
Branden to get a new job, where he is happy and appreciated
Patience, understanding
to feel closer to god.

No comments:

Post a Comment