Saturday, August 20, 2011

Moments like these....


He came to me in the kitchen...
"mommy, this bear is a baby"....
Me- "Aww its such a cute baby"
"mom, you hold my baby?"
... So I did, I held his baby and patted it's bottom while swaying back and forth...
"thanks mom"
..... Minutes went by, then he returned.
"mommy, I think he's hungy... You feed him?"
Me- "we can get him a bottle"
Confusion looked back at me, "A bottle?"
(At this point I relized he was expecting me to nurse "feed" this poor hungry baby bear)
Me- "Bubba, he needs a bottle that's how he can get his food."
And just like that, he was content. "ok, yeah a bottle".

I'm sitting in my living room pumping while branden and Brady sleep.
Reid walks in, "what are u doing mom?"
"I'm getting Brady some food for later"
"it's milk?"
"yeah"
..... He runs to his room and returns with the bottle I gave him for his bear.
"you give me some milk?"
..... "Um, no Bubba, u drink big boy milk."
"Oh, then tomorrow I be a baby"
"Ok tomorrow, but u still have to drink big boy milk"
"Ok mom, tomorrow u hold me like a baby"....

I've been told "you know you were a great mom if they grow up and don't need you any more" ...
Like most moms, I want to be a great mom. My hopes and dreams for them could fill the ocean. At times I feel I could burst from the amount of love I have for them.
I want my boys to need me forever, I don't want a moment to pass where they're not near by, I would be content it they never left my side, frazzled, but completely happy.
I hope I am "that" great mom, I pray they grow to be independent and not need me in the physical way. I do however hope they need me in that emotional kind of way... It's hard to loosen your grip on something that holds your heart. I hope one day I will be able too, but not just yet.

1 comment: