Friday, October 8, 2010

Love, Hate

When I was younger I loathed school.... Actually I never liked school. I've never liked mornings or for the most part anything that has to do with waking up with the sun and getting ready for the day.
I remember disliking the sound of my mothers voice in the morning as she would come down the hall, cheery as can be ready to start the day and get us kids off to school. My stomach would turn and I could feel my body get heavier while sinking in to my warm bed. After awhile she would pour salt on my wound by turning on my light, or pulling open my blinds all while singing "Good Morning to my Ashley" over and over. I remember my mornings being long and really the worst part of my life.

Now I'm 22, and not much has changed :0) my mother still calls or texts me good morning with the sun... But now I have the luxury of the ignore button :0)

Reid has always been a good sleeper (I pasted down my love of sleep) so most mornings we sleep in. Or he lays in bed with me and watches scoody dooby on the TT :0)

Since the yellow bus came in to our lives and made my baby a big boy, my morning nightmares have come back to haunt me. My mothers voice has been upgraded to a dinging alarm (I'm not sure which I dislike more) and now I have been handed the role of annoying cheery mom waker upper. I don't think I'm going to last. 6:30 (7:00 after I pushed snooze a bazilion times) came around too soon. I rolled out of bed and in to bed with Reid... I liad there with him smelling his hair and cuddling in his warm blankets. He told me "No mom, I'm sleepy tiered"... We made the bus on time today, he was excited to see it again, but I'm not sure how long this promptness will last :0) because I too am sleepy tiered.


I'm writting this from my iPhone while waiting for Reid to be out of school, sorry for miss spelled words and anything else that's out of order :0)

1 comment:

  1. you and me girl. i hate waking up. i envy my morning friends. i wish i were a morning person. would make like so much easier.

    ReplyDelete