Wednesday, October 5, 2011

On This Day

Many years ago
An amazing women gave birth to her second child, a girl, and she was over the moon.
This baby girl grew up, and became a young women.
She welcomed her first baby, a girl, in to the world.
This young mom, and her little girl began developing an unbreakable bond, one that to this day has remained special. one of a kind. cherished.
This young women's first baby girl grew up, and made her mom a grandma for the first time.
A Blue eyed Boy named Reid.
it was love at first sight.
four short years later we had Brady, and our hearts were filled to the brim.
Today...
We celebrated my moms birthday (party day, to Reid)
We planned a lunch date
made yummy apple pie jars



and to die for vanilla cupcakes


drew an awesome picture of grandma and Reid


I surprised her with friends who are like family, and family who are more like best friends.


We ate lunch.
Opened presents.
Sang happy birthday.
and ended our day with some much needed antiquing.
She said it was her best birthday yet.
She was surprised.
There were many tears.
It was a perfect day. Even with the rain.

Mom,
Today was a much needed us day. I enjoy your company so very much. I always feel so honored God chose me to be Reid and Brady's mom. I'm honored he chose you for me. Our relationship may be different, you may be more of my best friend then my mom. we may fight, and make up just to argue again. But i promise you, i cant picture a day without you in it. I love you. As Reid would say, "you make my heart super happy".

No comments:

Post a Comment